Sunday, May 23, 2010

Praising Him

Monkeys! :-)

I just returned from visiting the monkeys... Jerry (host missionary) gave me a ride back on the back of his 4-wheeler, so I got back a bit sooner than the others will. Those monkeys were pretty sweet... I think he said they were howler monkeys. They seemed pretty quiet to me. :-)

This afternoon those of us who weren't sleeping had the privilege of meeting Henry's family. That was fun.

And the church service this morning wasn't nearly as bad as JJ makes it out to be. :-) Sure it was two hours long... and sure, the music lasted an hour and we had to stand the whole time... and sure, it was very hot and humid... but hey, it was church! :-) The sermon was based in Ephesians 2:1-10, but that's all I know. Ha. I knew two of the songs... "Open the Eyes of my Heart" and "Agnus Dei (Worthy is the Lamb)." It was fun singing those in Spanish.

It's starting to rain out there, which is wonderful. It's starting to feel a lot cooler than it has all day.

Hard to believe that a week ago we were traveling... it doesn't feel like a whole week has gone by! And we only have about half a week left. God has been so good to us. It's hard to think of leaving. But as I've heard before... don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened! And we do indeed praise the Lord for this trip... for everything He's done, and everything He's yet to do. And it's not over yet! Who knows what could happen in the next three days! :-D Why, in the last week we've enjoyed everything from huge bugs to big snakes and tiny geckos and needy frogs and... wonderful, wonderful people. :-) Oh, and monkeys.

God is good. :-)

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Beautifully said. Thankyou for your blogs. I especially love the quotation "don't be sad that it's over, be glad it happened". this gives me something to meditate on today.

    ReplyDelete